Pumpkin smore bars are a fun and delicious twist on the classic smore bar campfire recipe. These bars mix the goodness of pumpkin pie, with the marshmallow and chocolate messy deliciousness from a smore to create a bar that’s to die for. You’ll be shocked just how easy it is to make!
Smores are a classic campfire treat. They make a huge mess but are worth the sticky fingers and chocolate face.
Get the best of smores and the best of pumpkin pie with the deliciousness of these bars and without that gross mess!
Forget the fire, and the roasting sticks. Make up these bars ahead of time to bring to your next social gathering and surprise your friends and family with the delight that comes from the simplicity of making s’mores ahead of time with a little twist on the classic.
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN SMORE BARS
Pumpkin smore bars are a cross between pumpkin pie, cheesecake and s’mores. The gram crackers of the smore become a cheesecake like crust for the bar.
The pumpkin puree is created into a flavourful sweetness of pie and is sandwiched between the chocolate chip layer and the gooey marshmallow topping.
To put these bars together really isn’t as complicated as it sounds. Start by gathering your ingredients and your equipment and making room to bake.
I make pumpkin puree from scratch in the fall with all of the pumpkins we harvest after halloween. It’s honestly the easiest thing I preserve. You can make your own pumpkin puree as well for this recipe if you so wish.
LEARN HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN PUMPKIN PUREE HERE
This recipe also works just fine with canned pumpkin from the grocery store. I suggest just getting the pumpkin puree and not the canned pumpkin pie filling. Make your own pie filling for a richer result.
Create the first layer by baking the gram crackers in the oven topped with melted butter and brown sugar for a crusty base layer.
Spread chocolate chips on the hot crust layer fresh from the oven and pour over the pumpkin pie filling over the chocolate chips
Top with marshmallows and bake for 40 minutes until the marshmallows have browned and the pumpkin pie filling is firm.
This bar is best served cold or at room temperature. Remove the bar from the oven and let completely cool. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
OTHER RECIPES YOU’LL ENJOY
Pumpkin Smore Bars
- 8×10 Baking Tray
- Mix Master
- 12 Gram Crackers Enough to layer bottom of pan
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups Pumpkin Puree See homemade pumpkin puree recipe
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 Cup chocolate chips
- 1 Cup mini marshmallows or enough large to fill top layer
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line baking pan with parchment paper and gram crackers
- Melt butter and mix in brown sugar, pour over gram crackers and bake for 10 minutes
- Remove gram crackers from oven, and sprinkle chocolate chips over the crackers
- In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, 2 eggs and condensed milk
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling over the crackers and chocolate chips
- Top with marshmallows and bake for 40 minutes, or until marshmallows are browned and pumpkin pie filling is set.
- Allow to cool, then refridgerate before slicing into bars